Selasa, Februari 21, 2012

Recount Text
Dalam bahasa Indonesia, recount text adalah teks menceritakan.

Recount is a text which retells events or experiences in the past. Its purpose is either to inform or to entertain the audience. There is no complication among the participants and that differentiates from narrative ( Recount adalah sebuah teks yang menceritakan kembali kejadian atau pengalaman pada waktu lampau. Tujuannya adalah baik untuk menginformasikan maupun menghibur pemirsa )

A. Generic Structure of Recount ( Struktur Umum dari Recount )

1. Orientation: Introducing the participants, place and time ( Pembukaan : Memperkenalkan tokoh, tempat dan waktu )
2. Events: Describing series of event that happened in the past ( Peristiwa : Menggambarkan rangkaian peristiwa yang terjadi di waktu lampau )
3. Reorientation: It is optional. Stating personal comment of the writer to the story ( Penutup : Itu adalah pilihan. Menyatakan komentar pribadi dari penulis cerita )

B. Language Feature of Recount ( Ciri Bahasa dari Recount )
• Introducing personal participant : I, my group, etc ( Memperkenalkan tokoh pribadi : I, my group dan lain - lain )
• Using chronological connection : then, first, etc ( Menggunakan hubungan kronologis : then, first dan lain - lain )
• Using linking verb : was, were, saw, heard, etc ( Menggunakan menghubungkan kata kerja : was, were, saw, heard dan lain - lain )
• Using action verb : look, go, change, etc ( Menggunakan kata kerja tingkah laku : look, go, change dan lain - lain )
• Using simple past tense ( Menggunakan simple past tense )

Example

My Rush Time as a Journalist

I usually woke up at eight o'clock a.m. and went to the Press Center to check the daily schedule of briefings and press conferences. It was usually held by the United Nation officials or disaster mitigation team.

It was challenging to visit different refugee camps to find soft stories, human interest stories. After that I went back to the Press Center to cover the press conferences of the day.

It was heart breaking when I saw these survivors fight for food and secondhand clothing. Unfortunately as they said, the food and clothing were limited and inadequate. Emerging to glaring, fool noon, it was time to go back to Press Center to write stories and race against time. I was always fearing that the internet would come crushing down.

After everything was done, only then I remembered to eat. Most times, I only ate once a day because I always had to rush and again it was difficult to find food. I had to travel quite far. I needed to spend a 30 to 45 minutes by car just to find fresh food.

1 komentar: